Monday, April 2, 2012

C is for Cookie...

Over the weekend, I did an order of Sesame Street cupcakes for a birthday party.  It was my first time making them, and I think they turned out pretty good.  I did Big Bird, Elmo and Cookie Monster.  I suppose I could've done Oscar the grouch too; its pretty much the same concept as Cookie Monster.  Next time... 

Here are some pics from that order:
 I did basic chocolate cupcakes, with a vanilla buttercream, tinted with sesame street colors!!


Aren't they cute?! I love cookie monster! Elmo is cute too.  I used an orange reese's pieces for Elmo's nose.  Big Bird's beak is made of marshmallow and fruit roll up, and all of the eyes are cut out of fondant.

I have to admit, Big Bird was the most challenging.  I didn't have the right consistency of buttercream to do the feathers. 

The next order I have is for Mickey Mouse cake pops.  I'm so excited about those, they're going to be soo cute!! :)

Have a sweet day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment