Friday, March 30, 2012

Are truffula trees made of truffles?

Truffles always remind of Truffula Trees from 'The Lorax'. Which got me thinking, what exactly are Truffula trees, and what are they made of?  I think I should do a Truffula Tree cake pop..I'm sure it's been done before, but it would be interesting.  I imagine it to taste like cotton candy..hmm..cotton candy Truffula tree cake pop...hmm...(wheels turning)

I wish Baby Z was old enough to watch movies, so I'd have someone to watch these silly cartoon movies with...oh wait I have J  :-]
 Anyways, back to baking (although making truffles is not really baking...)

So yesterday, I experimented with Truffles!! Truffle recipes seem easy enough, and there are sooo many awesome combinations...

I had it all figured out in my head:  Melt chocolate, combine with other yummy ingredients, chill, scoop into perfect little balls, and dip into chocolate and ta-DA-- amazing, Godiva caliber truffles...

Boy, was I wrong....too bad I didn't take pictures of the failed attempts...

I ambitiously started working on 6 different types of truffles: from plain dark chocolate to more complicated ones like white chocolate raspberry.  Sad to say only 3 of the 6 of them turned out good:  Chocolate chip cookie dough, Cappuccino, & Almond Joy.

J loved the chocolate chip cookie dough truffles, but he's not a really good judge..he loves everything I make..(or so he says)
The response I got from my other taste testers was pretty enthusiastic, so I guess I did something right?

 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles

Cappuccino, on the left, rolled in chocolate shavings...
Chocolate chip cookie dough ones with the blue drizzle...
Almond Joy with the toasted coconut


I haven't given up...I will get it right...Next on my list are Oreo Truffles...I'm waiting for the nieces and nephews to get here so I can make those for them since they looooove Oreos...Sorry sis, I'll make you some when you come to visit  :-]

Also, stay tuned for the 'Zoya' Cupcake, debuting on April 1st, her 6 month birthday!  So hard to believe she's already 6 months! Crazy..

Good Night!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am sure that baby "Z" will be proud of you. As of now your aunt is as excited as she can be. Those petite sweets look yummy!

    ReplyDelete